just gonna say this: if someone has social anxiety and they ask you something akin to ‘are you mad at me’ or ‘do you hate me’, it isn’t because they don’t trust you, it’s because their brain literally tells them that all the time
it’s not a personal slight, it’s insecurity caused by mental illness
And please don’t act like reassurance is a burden cos if you’re not enthusiastic we won’t believe your answer
– thirteen things no one taught me // c.u.t (via hopelesslyhealing)
1. it’s not your fault when your anxiety or depression flares up and you lose control of your emotions.
2. always remember: when you want to kill yourself, don’t.
3. you’ll forget all about that boy who broke your heart in ninth grade.
4. always remember: you deserve to fall in love with being alive.
5. don’t blame your ex for your sadness.
6. always remember: be nice to your mother, she loves you.
7. cutting calories won’t make you happy.
8. always remember: don’t feel bad about yourself when someone doesn’t want you. it’s not you, it’s them. it’s always them.
9. you don’t need anyone else to complete you. you’re whole as you are.
10. always remember: you are alive and that is a truly wonderous thing.
11. don’t hold people hostage in your life when they decide to leave.
12. always remember: you were beautiful long before he told you that you were.
13. the most toxic people in your life can teach you the most valuable lessons.
i get way too sensitive when i get attached to someone. i can detect the slightest change in the tone of their voice, and suddenly i’m spending all day trying to figure out what i did wrong.– humans of new york - amman, jordan (via 5000letters)
You will have bad times, but they will always wake you up to the stuff you weren’t paying attention to.– Robin Williams, Good Will Hunting (1997)
can’t wait till all my friends get married and have nice weddings with open bars
how can i say all of this inside me ?
it stirs in my stomach and imprints scars into my bones
its like all stitched into my skin.
as if somethings missing. an unknown longing
and it gets to my mouth and tangles and its choking
but maybe its just the knowing
and the body’s own plan
even if i could speak these words
they would never understand
I don’t want anything from you, at all. I just want to be the person you choose to sit next to in a room full with all the people you have known.– (via ohhhkat)
I may not be a perfect person but at least I have never yelled at an employee in a store
– Jefferson Bethke (via littlethingsaboutgod)
If marriage isn’t a commitment, then what’s the point of the vows we say?
Now, “Till death do us part” really means “Till the feelings go away.”
I only have 4 moods:
- fuck this
- fuck that
- fuck me
- fuck you
I empathize with the above, but I have an additional 4 moods to add:
- fuck yeah
- fuck no
- fuck my life
- fuck everything
and don’t forget the inevitable
- fuck it
and for those who have just given up
this is beautiful